Bacon and Cheese Quiche is a simple and delicious recipe. Easy to make, it’s perfect any time of day.
I love, love, love homemade quiche, and this bacon and cheese quiche recipe is my easiest yet. The combination of bacon, eggs, and cheese with a flaky crust always gets raves from my family. Give it a try, and you’ll be raking in the compliments, too!
I guess technically, it’s a breakfast recipe, but my family can eat quiche for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. My son, Madden, even loves it as a snack! Well, he loves it any time of day, and I am right there with him – morning, noon, or night. I love a slice of homemade quiche.
This bacon and cheese quiche is my newest creation, and it’s so ridiculously easy to make. I used my sausage quiche as the base but switched out the meat and cheese.
As far as the crust, we’re using a refrigerated dough as a shortcut but feel free to use your favorite homemade pie crust. I like to keep it easy, and the premade dough is always my friend. Oh, and you can put away the pie weights because you don’t need to blind bake the crust first. I told you it was easy!
Crispy bacon, Colby cheese, and seasonings combined in the egg filling is simple to make, but it delivers big in the flavor department. This is the quiche to make when you’re short on time but need a great meal. It never disappoints.
- Refrigerated pie dough round
- Chopped cooked bacon
- Shredded Colby cheese
- Diced yellow onion
- Large eggs
- Half and half or whole milk
- Dry mustard
- Salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). Fit the pie dough into the pie pan.
I like to layer the bacon, cheese, and onion in the crust. Or, you can mix the three together in a bowl and then add the mixture to the pie plate.
Combine the eggs, half and half, mustard, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl; combine the eggs, half and half, mustard, and salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the other ingredients in the crust.
Whisk the eggs and half and half in a bowl with seasonings, and pour the egg mixture over toppings in the pie crust.
Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking the quiche for 35 minutes.
When it is done, the top of the quiche will begin to turn a nice golden brown. At this point, remove it from the oven and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
The same amount of diced ham or diced pancetta in place of the bacon is an easy swap you can make. You can also use turkey bacon to lighten it up.
Any good shredded cheese will work in this recipe, so use what you have on hand. Shredded cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese, Gruyere, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese… you get the idea. Any of these would be amazing.
For extra flavor, feel free to mix in some chopped herbs like parsley or chives. Or, chopped green onions or scallions would be delicious, too.
Side Dish Ideas
No matter what time of day you serve this bacon cheese quiche, here are a few side dish ideas you have to try!
- Breakfast and Brunch: I love something sweet like my Best Ever Coffee Cake, Cinnamon Rolls, or Raspberry Cream Danishes.
- Lunch: A slice is lovely with a bowl of warm Tomato Soup or pair with my Mango Berry Fruit Salad.
- Dinner: Browse my round-up of Best Green Salads – so many will go with it! Add some Sweet Dinner Rolls, and everyone will clean their plates.
I love quiche because you can serve it warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Room Temperature: You can let it cool, and once it’s room temp, slice and serve it.
Chilled: Cover the cooled quiche with plastic wrap and chill it in the refrigerator. Plan to serve it within three to four days.
Freeze: You can freeze the baked quiche once it’s cooled. Tightly wrap it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and it will keep in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw it at room temperature, and then you can warm it in the oven or serve it at room temperature.
I’m so excited to share this easy quiche recipe with you! My family loves it and yours will, too! Enjoy! XOXO San
More Quiche Recipes
Can’t get enough? Me either! So, here are few more great recipes you have to try.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Easy Bacon and Cheese Quiche
- 1 refrigerated pie dough round
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half see note
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C). Roll out pie crust into pie pan.
- Top the pie crust with bacon, cheese, and onion. You can mix the bacon, cheese, and onion in a medium mixing bowl and then add to the pie crust. I prefer to layer it – one less dish to wash.
- Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl with seasonings, and pour the egg mixture over toppings in the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat, leaving the pie in the oven to 350° F (175° C), and bake for an additional 35 minutes. When it is done the top of the quiche will begin to turn a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!