Create a delicious Ham and Cheese Quiche in no time with this easy recipe, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
I have a basic quiche recipe that is a winner every time. This easy ham and cheese version is one of our favorites and couldn’t be easier to make. No need to worry about homemade pie dough – use your favorite refrigerated dough and this quiche is a breeze.
I love a great quiche because it can be served for any meal. We have them for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner!
The filling is rich with a creamy texture, and the balance of savory flavors from the ham and cheese is perfection. The bonus is that it’s so easy to make.
Quiche Recipe with Ham and Cheese
- You can’t beat the classic flavor combo of ham and Colby cheese, which works flawlessly in this simple quiche.
- I can’t imagine anything more stressful than making a crust from scratch, so I use refrigerated dough. It cuts the work in half.
- The quiche has the best soft texture. No rubbery eggs to be found! Plus, you can use either half and a half or whole milk to make the filling depending on how rich you like it.
This is a family favorite at our house. It’s delicious warm from the oven, but the leftovers are great, too. You are going to love it.
- Refrigerated pie dough
- Diced ham
- Shredded Colby cheese
- Diced yellow onion
- Half and half or whole milk
- Dry mustard
- Salt and pepper
For the ham, I bought a packaged diced ham at the store. Or, if you have leftover ham from the holidays, this is a beautiful way to use it.
I love Colby cheese in this recipe, but you can easily substitute cheddar cheese if you prefer.
How to Make It
Fit the pie crust into the pie pan and crimp the edges.
Place the ham, cheese, and onions in the pie crust. You can layer them or mix them in a bowl and then pour them into the crust. I prefer to do the layers – one less bowl to wash!
In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs, half and half (or milk), dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the other ingredients in the crust.
Bake the quiche for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Lower the heat to 350 degrees and bake it for another 35 minutes.
The quiche is done when the top has turned a nice golden brown. At this point, please remove it from the oven and let it rest for five to 10 minutes before serving.
What to Serve with Quiche
This ham and cheese quiche is delicious any time of the day. Here are some side dishes to serve it with, depending on whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Roasted potatoes pair perfectly with it for any meal!
- For lunch, it’s lovely with a bowl of tomato basil soup.
- Make it for breakfast or brunch with cinnamon sugar bread and a fruit salad for a sweet treat.
Make this easy quiche for holidays, weekend brunches, or for a simple and light dinner during the week. The classic combo of ham and cheese is classic for a reason – it’s delicious! Enjoy! XOXO San
More Breakfast Recipes
- Sausage Quiche
- Sausage Breakfast Pot Pie
- Santa Fe Breakfast Taquitos
- Denver Omelet Breakfast Strudel
Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 refrigerated pie dough round
- 4 ounces diced ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half see note
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out pie crust into pie pan.
- Top the pie crust with ham, cheese, and onion. You can mix the ham, cheese, and onion in a medium mixing bowl and then throw into the piecrust. I prefer to layer it – one less dish to wash.
- Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl with seasonings, and pour the egg mixture over toppings in the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then reduce heat, leaving the pie in the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for an additional 35 minutes. When it is done the top of the quiche will begin to turn a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!