This Easy Mini Breakfast Quiche recipe is a great way to make a delicious yet healthy breakfast in just a few easy steps.
This amazing dish makes breakfast on the go just a little easier. With minimal ingredients and time, you can become a breakfast master with this mini quiche recipe.
Mini quiche are the perfect breakfast that you can customize with your favorite fillings. My kiddos love them with ham and cheese, but you can easily switch it up to suit your tastes.
Everything is just more fun in mini-form, right?
One Sunday morning I was making a pie for my husband to enjoy later in the day. Well, I should say we were making, as my two daughters, 4 years and 8 years were “assisting” me. They took the extra dough and proceeded to roll it out for 20 minutes or so, which was perfect as I could finish the filling without stumbling over them. When they were done they said, “What can we make with this?” Mmm…quiche! It’s easy, simple and something they can do on their own.
I gave them some ramekins and told them to line it with the rolled out dough. Then I had them cut up lunch meat of their choice, turkey or ham. Had them whip an egg in a cereal bowl, with a little milk, add their own cheese and turkey or ham that they cut up. They loved this. I added a little salt and pepper and voila it was in the oven and ready to bake.
Easy! The problem was that now the boys wanted them too – so then I had to make more dough. But well worth it, everyone ate their quiche, there were no complaints and everyone was very proud of their dish.
Since then this has become a staple morning meal. Feeding 11 kids in the morning can be crazy, so I make the dough before they rise, have all the ingredients in bowls and they get to put what they want in their already crusted ramekin.
How do you make this Easy Mini Breakfast Quiche?
This recipe includes an easy pastry dough to make the crust. You start by cutting shortening into the flour using a fork or pastry blender. Then you add the sugar, egg, and water.
Mix it all together until a dough is formed. Chill it in the fridge for up to an hour.
Roll out on a floured surface and cut to fit mini ramekins. This dough recipe will make 10-12 depending on the size of your ramekins.
Press each dough round into your ramekins.
To make the filling, combine egg and milk and whip until blended. Add additional ingredients such as meat, cheese, and veggies. Use 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of milk per ramekin.
Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins.
Place directly in the oven and bake 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees. The baking time will vary depending on the size of your ramekin. Check the center of the quiche if it is still wet looking cook a few minutes longer until set.
Remove them from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Side Dish Ideas
- Browse lots of ideas for Fruit Salad – it’s my favorite side with quiche.
- If you make these for brunch a simple Green Salad is wonderful.
- For something sweet, try my Streusel Blueberry Muffins or Carrot Cake Monkey Bread.
These mini quiches are so easy and pleased everyone. I am not a huge meat person in the morning like the kids are, but I love this with fresh veggies like sautéed portabella mushrooms and red peppers.
The kids loved that they made their own, which led to the fact they didn’t complain and were super proud. We will continue to make this and grow little chefs.
Enjoy! XOXO San
My favorite kitchen tools used to make this Easy Mini Breakfast Quiche:
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Full Disclosure for further details.
MIXING BOWLS: I love having a variety of sizes of mixing bowls. From small to large, I find that having at least 3 bowls of different sizes have been essential in my kitchen. I prefer Pyrex because of the durability.
MEASURING CUPS: Nothing beats a good set of measuring cups that last a long time. I love metal measuring cups because of its durability.
MEASURING SPOONS: I have to have a metal set of measuring spoons on hand. The plastic ones just don’t last long in our house thanks in large part to the garbage disposal.
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board to save for later!
Easy Mini Breakfast Quiche
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups shortening
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
Egg Filling (per each crust)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ham or turkey to taste
- sharp cheddar cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh veggies optional
- Cut shortening into flour using a fork or pastry blender. Add white sugar, egg, and water, and combine until a dough is formed. Let it chill in the fridge for up to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out on floured surface and cut to fit mini ramekins, this will make 10-12 depending on the size of your ramekins. Press dough into each one.
- Combine egg and milk and whip until blended. Add additional ingredients such as meat, cheese, and veggies. Use 1 egg and 1 tbsp milk per ramekin that you made.
- Pour into ramekins.
- Place directly in the oven and bake 25-35 minutes, this will vary depending on the size of your ramekin. Check the center of the quiche if it is still wet looking cook a few minutes longer until set.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve the ramekin on a plate with fresh fruit.