The easiest way to make Breakfast Potatoes is in your air fryer! You will love this easy recipe for the crispiest potatoes ever.
No breakfast or brunch is complete without a side of crispy breakfast potatoes. You will love this easy side dish – using your air fryer makes it so simple to make.
We take brunch pretty seriously around here. I just love to make a big family breakfast on the weekends and holidays, but I don’t want it to be exhausting and complicated. I mean, it’s the weekend! Things should be easy.
I absolutely love egg casseroles and French toast dishes, but they’re not complete without a side dish, and these breakfast potatoes are the perfect match. They’re lightly seasoned, crispy, and amazingly delicious.
Easy Breakfast Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Making them in the air fryer is a dream. No splattering oil on the stove and no taking up room in the oven. The air fryer makes it so easy and clean-up is simple.
The potatoes are lightly seasoned and come out tasting like they were cooked in a lot of oil. The great thing about the air fryer is that you don’t need hardly any oil at all to make them super crispy. So, they’re lighter than traditional ones without sacrificing any flavor.
You can dice your own (russets work fine) or do what I do and buy packaged diced potatoes. I love the brand, Simply Potatoes – the work is already done.
I like to season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and dried parsley. No chopping required – all pantry spices to make things easy.
You only need one tablespoon of olive oil to cook the potatoes. That’s way less than what you’d need if you cooked them on the stove or roasted them in the oven.
Quick and Easy to Prep
The easiest way to prep the potatoes is to place them in a large bowl and then add all of the seasonings and olive oil. Lightly toss it all together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
How to Cook Them in the Air Fryer
Always consult your air fryer’s guide for cooking tips. Every model is a little different, but this is how I do it and it works perfectly every time:
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees on the air fryer.
- Place the prepared potatoes inside and cook them for 25 minutes.
- For the best results, toss the potatoes every five minutes or so. This will ensure they cook evenly and get golden and crispy on all sides.
- Serve them hot from the air fryer.
What to Serve Them With
What I love best about this side dish is that they go with so many breakfast dishes. Here are some ideas you might like to try:
- Try my easy sausage quiche with some homemade blueberry muffins as a sweet treat.
- For a hearty start to the day, serve the crispy potatoes with sausage breakfast pot pie. It’s a twist on biscuits and gravy and is so delicious.
- For something lighter, you might like my egg white casserole. Add some fruit salad on the side – this would be a great combo with the potatoes.
Once you know how to make breakfast potatoes in the air fryer you might not go back to the old way of doing it again. It’s just so easy and they turn out perfectly every time. Enjoy! XOXO San
More Recipes to Try
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Overnight Coconut-Pecan French Toast Casserole
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Best Ever Bran Muffins
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 4 cups diced potatoes I use pre-packaged Simply Potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add potatoes, seasoning, and olive oil to a large mixing bowl and toss together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add the potatoes to the air fryer and cook them for 25 minutes. Every 5 to 7 minutes, remember to pull out the rack from the air fryer and toss the potatoes to make them evenly crispy.
- Make sure to follow your air fryer guidelines and do's and don'ts to get the best results.